Impromptu Vietnam

November 12, 2017

I still remember my Facebook post a year ago saying that I'd definitely go back to Vietnam because I genuinely like the place. But, who would have thought that I would go back so soon right but oh well, I did. As the title says, it really was an impromptu trip as initially I didn't have any plans of travelling outside the country for this year as I'm saving up for my big trip(s) next year. But then, my friend; Nik asked me if I'm going anywhere in the meantime. So he suggested that we do Melbourne but I told him that it's not gonna be fun if we were to do Melbourne for 4 days and actually have 2 solid days in Melbourne so chop chop no I said let me think about it first.

I asked my friend, Ulil to come with us but unfortunately he couldn't make it. I then asked another friend of mine: Mimi to come with us. She was excited as hell that she's the one making survey of places and at last, she came with Da Nang and Hoi An. We were so close to book our flights there until Nik said he wanted to go to Mekong Delta 😑😑. Bak kata dia; "Tak Vietnam la kalau tak pi Mekong". Apparently, everyone was okay with it and Ho Chi Minh it was!

For this time around; I bought a sim card which cost about VND 180,000 (RM 33.75) that came with 2.5 GB of internet for the sake of Uber and Grab. It was pricey compared to when I was in Cambodia. I could get 5 GB of internet for USD 6 which is approximately RM 25. Anyways, our hostel was located at Pham Ngu Lao street and this is where all them backpackers stay. The bars, clubs are all here too. It was halloween when we were there 😜😜. 

Other than that, you don't have to worry about having your hostel arranged for your tour(s) as this is where all travel agent office is at so we just simply picked the one we liked. 

For the next 2 days, we went to Mekong Delta tour and Cu Chi Tunnel tour hahaha and obviously I'll just skip about them and oh, I forgot to write in my last post that the tour exclude entrance fee that costs VND 110,000. So don't be mad if the tour guide asks you to prepare some money on the way there. In fact, read carefully the pamphlet. After we got back from Cu Chi, we went to War Remnants Museum. The price as stated;
  • Mekong Delta        =   VND 230,000 (USD 10)
  • Cu Chi Tunnel       =   VND 130,000 (USD 6) + VND 110,000
  • War Remnants Museum =   VND 15,000






I'm not sure if we did visit this pagoda during my last tour to Mekong and clearly I have forgot what its called but I think it's cool.



Write soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *